Without supervision can operate heavy, off-road construction equipment, both wheeled and tracked, in support of work related to construction, remediation and/or utilities. Act as foreman when required. Capable of operating underground utility or cable placement equipment and/or supervising operation of same according to assigned division.
- Will be qualified to operate the following equipment with proficiency:
- Track and rubber tire loaders
- Roller (dirt and paving)
- Excavator &Hydraulic and rubber tired)
- Forklift trucks
- Motor Graders
- All size bulldozers
- Scraper Pans
- Perform operations to final grade specifications.
- Able to read, understand and set grade stakes.
- Able to read and understand construction plans.
- Supervise other operators and assigned crew.
- Assist in bid preparation.
- Train equipment operators I and II.
- Perform before, during and after operation, maintenance on all equipment used.
- Drivers license with less than seven points and D.O.T. qualifications required.
- Operate and perform daily maintenance on engine and equipment operation.
- Perform all duties with hard hat, steel toed safety shoes, trousers, long or short sleeved shirt and when appropriate, hearing protection and safety glasses.
- Perform all assigned duties in a safe manner and in compliance with appropriate policies and regulations.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor=s direction.
Required Education and Experience
- Ability to read and write.
- Must possess valid CDL driver’s license.
- Minimum five years experience general contracting equipment including ability to perform daily maintenance on equipment.
- Able to read and understand stakes, construction plans and set final grade stakes.
We are proud to offer competitive benefits which include medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance; disability insurance, paid holidays; Paid Vacation, 401k with generous employer match; world-class training; and long-term career opportunities.
We are a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.