Responsible for production of outgoing bid documents to potential customers. Compile information from project managers and other staff to prepare and submit bids and proposals. Create and maintain forms and data bases to efficiently manage bidding and productivity processes. Supervise estimating staff. Coordinate or act as the Project Manager on select projects.
- Request bid packages for consideration, and advise senior management.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre‑bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Conduct weekly bid meetings and maintain bid calendar.
- Track bids and proposals from consideration through determination.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, site visits, bonding requirements, and bid preparation to ensure that once a decision is made to bid a project, the process continues in an orderly and timely fashion.
- Prepare estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work. Be responsible for accuracy and completeness of estimates.
- Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to particular bid/project as assigned.
- Maintain files of working documents as back‑up for estimates figures.
- Review subcontract agreements and negotiate suggested changes.
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned ‑ may include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits; procuring material, etc.
- Interface with owner, A/E, and other owners representatives regarding project activities. Interface with the assigned Guardian Project Manager.
- Perform duties as the Project Manger on select projects.
- Review productivity analysis reports relating to on-going profitability of jobs, and advise senior management.
- Perform all assigned duties in a safe manner and in compliance with appropriate policies and regulations.
- Perform additional assignments per Supervisor’s direction.
Required Education and Experience
- 2 year engineering degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or experience.
- 5 years estimating, cost control and/or engineering experience related to similar construction.
- Advanced knowledge of computerized estimating techniques and cost control, plus ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems essential.
- Minimum supervision provided when preparing routine proposals.
- Knowledge of multiple disciplines is required.
We are proud to offer competitive benefits which include medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance; disability insurance, paid holidays; Paid Vacation, 401k with generous employer match; world-class training; and long-term career opportunities.
We are a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.